I’ve been getting pretty into porridge lately. Maybe it’s the cold weather, or the fact that it’s an easy way to fit in a healthy meal that will keep me energized throughout the day. Regardless of the reason, I can now say that I am becoming somewhat of an expert in porridge ingredient combinations and flavors. Due to my expertise and recent fascination with all things porridge related, I have been making more and more porridge and getting better and better at doing so. Therefore, I am confident in saying that I think I have stumbled upon the best porridge ever eaten. (At least, the best porridge I’ve ever eaten). Taste, of course, is subjective. Nevertheless, I feel it is my duty to share this recipe because I believe that the results are extraordinarily delicious. In fact, I have made it three days in a row and plan to continue making it until I run out of gluten-free oats.
Coconut Oatmeal Porridge with Strawberry Jam
- 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp bourbon vanilla seeds
- ½ cup gluten free oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill- ordered from amazon.co.uk)
- ½ tbsp coconut butter
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
Strawberry Jam Ingredients:
- I cup strawberries (I used frozen and heated them in a covered pan for a few minutes)
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Raw buckwheat grouts
- Hemp seeds
- Mix together the coconut milk, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla in a pan. Bring to a boil and add the oats. Cook, stirring occasionally for about five minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the coconut butter and maple syrup. Cook for another couple of minutes on low heat while stirring.
- For the strawberry jam, blend the strawberries with the date syrup. Once they have been evenly blended, add the chia seeds and let sit for about ten minutes.
- Add the porridge and then jam to a bowl. Top with desired toppings, serve, and enjoy!