I got started and I haven’t yet stopped. (Tomorrow I will be making pumpkin pie with cinnamon ice cream and I am so very excited!)
In the meantime, I have had more than a few requests for the recipe for the chickpea focaccia I posted on Instagram a couple of days ago. Therefore, without further ado, here are the ingredients and instructions for delicious, moist, gluten free, vegan, and easy to make rosemary garbanzo focaccia. (This focaccia was inspired by a recipe I found on delectablyfree.com).
The bread itself went well with a huge Christmas dinner we cooked for friends and family and not one single person wondered where the refined flours and gluten were hiding!
Rosemary Chickpea Focaccia
- 1 ½ cups chickpea flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil or vegan butter and preheat oven to 180C (350 F)
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpea flour, arrowroot powder, salt, xanthan gum, baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk in the water, olive oil and maple syrup. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and sprinkle with rosemary and another 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool, slice, serve and enjoy!