Last summer my husband bought me a gelato maker (ice-cream churner) and I used it almost every day until the air turned chilly and it started collecting dust. In the midst of all the holiday cooking however, I made a delicious pumpkin pie (that I will put up here shortly) and decided that it would go amazingly well with some cinnamon ice-cream.
Therefore, I pulled out the gelato maker and started churning. The result was a delicious creamy vegan, refined sugar free ice cream that went well on its own, with the pumpkin pie and with a blueberry “bundt” cake (more of a supersized blueberry doughnut…more on that later).
Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- Combine the coconut milk, almond milk and maple syrup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and blend with the cinnamon, vanilla salt for 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool and transfer to a refrigerator safe container. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to the directions of the machine.
- Serve and enjoy!