There are times when I cook something that I have studied for hours and spent days procuring the perfect ingredients from various distributors, markets and stores. Other times, I open the fridge, quickly survey the contents of the crisper (vegetable drawer)- and throw something together with what I have on hand. Truth be told, sometimes it doesn’t work out too well. At other times, however, I come up with some of my favorite recipes that I will later cook over and over again.
Today was one of those days. Here is a seriously delicious and healthy salad recipe with only a few ingredients that takes less than 10 minutes to make.
Arugula Salad with Garlic Coconut Mushrooms
- 2 large handfuls fresh arugula leaves
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the arugula and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan and sauté the garlic on medium heat for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and stir. Let simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to stir.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper until it has reached desired taste while continuing to stir every minute or so.
- Once the mushrooms have significantly shrunk in size and are no longer chewy, turn of the burner.
- Mix the mushroom mixture with the arugula in a medium bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (or leave it as is)
- Serve and enjoy!!