I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I am crazily maddeningly obsessively in love with chocolate. I can’t help it. I am genetically predisposed to loving and craving chocolate. I need chocolate on an almost daily basis.
My mom actually has a really funny magnet on the fridge at home that states, “There’s a skinny person inside of me screaming to get out, I can usually keep the b*tch quiet with chocolate.” Story of my life…
That said; here’s a chocolatey peanut butter oats recipe for you.
Chocolate Oatmeal with Hazelnut Milk and Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup hazelnut milk (or any unsweetened nut milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp raw chocolate powder
- pinch of salt
- Bring the oats and milk to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling add the maple syrup, chocolate and salt.
- Stir for about 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed
- Take off heat
- Vegan chocolate chips (I make my own out of maple syrup, coconut butter and 100% organic chocolate)
- Peanut butter (mine is homemade out of 100% peanuts. Any nut butter works)
- Coconut cream (or more hazelnut milk would be good here)
- Pour the porridge into a bowl