My love of pancakes continues to develop and with that, the discovery (and creation) of new recipes leading to pancake stacks of varying stature, thickness, consistency and taste. I have already posted a few pancake recipes and will continue to do so. Below is one of the newest recipes made with brown rice flour and rice milk.
Brown Rice Flour Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- ¼ – ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (depending on how chocolaty you want the pancakes)
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the mashed banana, rice milk, maple syrup and almond butter
- Stir until a uniform batter is formed
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Head pancake griddle or pan and add either a small amount of vegan butter or coconut oil
- When the pan is hot, add ¼ cup batter and cook the pancake on each side (about 2 minutes) until golden brown
- Repeat until the batter is used up
- Top (I served my pancakes with banana slices and organic maple syrup)
- Serve and enjoy!!