Matcha. Since discovering this magic powder, I’ve done my best to integrate it into my diet at least two times a week. The go-to recipes are generally smoothies and matcha lattes. However, I have made a few raw matcha desserts, pancakes with matcha, matcha oats and matcha energy balls. Today, I fueled my pre-gym self with a matcha smoothie parfait layered with a bit of yesterday’s leftover chia pudding.
Matcha Energy Smoothie
- 1 tsp. organic matcha powder
- ½ avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- Seeds from 1 vanilla been (optional)
- Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Fresh Mint
Vanilla Cinnamon Chia Pudding:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Whisk together all ingredients except for the chia seeds.
- Add the chia seeds and mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes
- Mix again so that the seeds are evenly distributed throughout the bowl
- Let set in the fridge for at least four hours
For the parfait:
Layer the ingredients in the desired order, top and enjoy!!!
*Bonus nutrition facts on matcha:
Health benefits of matcha tea: packed with antioxidants (see chart below), boosts metabolism and aids weight loss, helps the body with the detoxification process, rich in chlorophyll and fiber, prevents ageing, packed with numerous vitamins (like C, selenium, chromium and zinc), enhances mood, aids concentration, lowers cholesterol and may even help to prevent disease.