I’ve recently learned that Sunday is “Pancake Sunday” in some circles. I want to be part of these circles! Who doesn’t love pancakes, right?!?! I’ve unearthed an entire new world full of vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free pancakes. And each recipe is better than the last. (I have to admit though, there have been a few completely inedible funky ones in the mix too but alas- I’m not afraid of failure! What doesn’t burn the pan, makes us stronger!)
So I came across this recipe on Healthy Eating Jo’s Instagram feed and immediately did my best to recreate it. Jo has some amazing Recipes and her eBook can be found here, if you are interested: Sweeter Life Club
I actually did try making just banana (sans coconut) pancakes one day (a la Jack Johnson), but they were weird gummy misshapen disks and ended up in the trash pretty quickly. Not. Good.
Then I found this recipe and realized that yes, coconuts do solve most problems 😉
They were great. And easy!!!
Coconut banana Pancakes
- 1 cup GF rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana
- ½ tbsp. granulated stevia sweetener
- 2 tsp. gf organic baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Place all the ingredients in a blender (I used my Vitamix) and blend until a uniform batter is formed (about 1 minute)
- Grease a pancake griddle or pan with a bit of coconut oil and when it is hot, scoop about ¼ cup of the batter into the pan
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side
- Top (I used strawberries, blueberries, apple slices, blackberries, banana coins, mint leaves, Biona brand coconut nectar (syrup) and fresh flowers
*See! I told you it was super easy!!!