I never thought that strawberries and spinach would be one of my favorite all-time combinations but then again, I never thought that my life would go in the direction it has gone. If anyone had asked me five years ago (when I was hosting an Italian television program and having just graduated from my MBA program in Spain), I couldn’t have imagined that I would be studying nutrition, becoming a certified health coach, writing a blog on healthy food and recipes and opening an organic café in the center of Rome. And when I take a step back and look at the radical changes I have made in my life and lifestyle, I realize that this is truly what it is all about: evolution, discovering new passions, change and growth.
So to accompany this change and constant movement, here is a deliciously creamy and healthy smoothie recipe. One of my favorites, for sure.
Strawberry Spinach Coconut Milk Smoothie
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 ½ large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 tbsp raw honey (maple syrup or agave is fine for strict vegans)
- 1 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- 1 frozen banana
- Filtered water (amounts vary. Just add until desired consistency is reached)
- Blend (I used my vitamix!)
- Top (I topped with dehydrated coconut shavings and chocolate chunks from a Conscious Chocolate bar)
- Serve and enjoy