What does one do when they have a cold for nearly three weeks?
Besides wondering what the underlying factor is and coming to the conclusion that something is probably very amiss in one’s life… (not going there today though…), they make a cold-busting smoothie full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory super foods!
This is a supercharged smoothie that I am sure if it doesn’t cure me, it will definitely make me feel a bit better.
Beet, Turmeric, Ginger and Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 cup beet puree (made from fresh steamed beets)
- ¾ cup unsweetened homemade almond milk
- 1 1-inch piece ginger
- 1 1-inch piece turmeric
- 1 frozen banana
- 10 frozen medium strawberries
- ¼ fresh squeezed orange juice (only if you have it on hand)
- ½ tbsp manuka honey (I love manuka. It’s nature’s most potent antibacterial… but if you’re pure vegan…you can use honey, maple syrup or dates….or skip the sweetener as the smoothie should be sweet enough naturally)
Blend in a high speed blender (I used my Vitamix. My third baby!), decorate (to garnish, I used a bit of coconut milk, fresh strawberries, hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds), serve and enjoy!